Thursday, June 7, 2012

YOGURT, PLUM, GRANOLA AND HONEY PARFAIT


I really love having greek yogurt for breakfast when it's hot outside. I am always looking for a different variety of ingredients to liven things up a bit. Things one seems to fall into the mix quite a bit. It's even more fun when you eat it out of a pretty glass! 




It's super easy to make. These are the things I used this time around, but it changes from day to day. I always use FAGE Greek Yogurt though, it's my favorite! The flax seed I ground in a spice grinder so it's more of a coarse powder. The plums are dried and diced. I also love this with fresh strawberries and blueberries, but this was a pantry day, so I just grabbed what I had in the pantry to go with my yogurt. 
Find a pretty glass, this is a brandy glass. Start with the yogurt and layer with granola, a sprinkle of flax, honey and fruit. Then repeat the layers. Or just throw it all in a bowl. 

No matter what vessel you use to prepare this in, ultimately in the end, it will look like this!! It was yummy!!!
Yogurt and Granola Parfait
1 cup yogurt (your choice)
1 tsp flax seeds, ground
3 Tablespoons granola (your favorite)
1 Tablespoon honey
3 Tablespoons fresh dried fruit (your choice)

use 1/2 of ingredients for first layer and use remaining ingredients in second layer. Then get a spoon and enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment