I was in the mood for an italian seasoned casserole. I put this together using things I had in my pantry and fridge. (except for the eggplant which I bought over the weekend, not knowing what I was going to do with it)
I wanted to make something that was freezable as I like to portion things out and save freeze them so I have a yummy selection of meals available at any given time. We have a LARGE freezer, so I make quite a few things twice the size, just so I have leftovers for the freezer.
I hope you enjoy it, it is delicious!!
| Chop the eggplant |
| finely chop all of the herbs. |
| Heat olive oil and sauté onions, garlic and peppers until soft. |
| Add in the eggplant and continue to cook until it starts to soften. |
| Add in all remaining ingredients including herbs. Saute for a minute or two longer to help the magic of fresh herbs happen. They smell fabulous!! |
| Mmmmmmmmmm.... |
| This shot shows all the deliciousness |
| When it comes out of the oven, it's nice and hot and delicious!! |
| You can serve this on it's own, with rice or a nice side salad. |
Eggplant Ground Turkey and Kale Casserole Bake
Ingredients
1 medium Eggplant, diced
1 pound Ground turkey
1 can no salt Diced tomatoes
1 medium Red Onion, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 Red bell pepper, diced
1 cup Mushrooms, diced
2 Kale leaves removed from stem
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Crushed red pepper
2 T fresh Parsley, chopped and divided
1 tsp Oregano
1 T fresh Thyme, chopped
1 T fresh Rosemary, chopped
1 T fresh Sage, chopped
1 T Basil, chopped or use dried
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup strained tomatoes or tomato sauce
Olive oil
Directions
Heat 2 T olive oil in a large sauté pan or skillet. Add
onions, garlic, peppers, mushrooms and brown until onions are softened.
Add ground turkey and continue to cook until browned.
Add eggplant and all remaining vegetables (except 1 T
parsley) and Worcestershire. Cook for 2-3 minutes more.
Remove from heat, toss with Kale and place in 9x13 casserole
dish. Garnish with remaining parsley.
Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 45-55 minutes or until
eggplant is fully cooked and soft.
Serve over rice or with a nice dinner salad.
| I used "strained tomatoes" in the recipe. These are the tomatoes that I use. |
All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment