Tuesday, December 3, 2013

PUMPKIN PECAN CRISP

I wanted something "pumpkiny" for our Thanksgiving, but my family is not a pumpkin pie eatin' kind of family. So, I went with a super-simple pumpkin crisp. Or as my husband called it "Pecan Pumpkin' Somethin'"

It is sort of like a pumpkin dump cake, but that doesn't sound very appealing, so I'm calling it a crisp. It was very easy and super delicious. It is one of the things that you could really modify too, which I like. I'm always changing things in recipes. I don't think I ever make anything just like the recipe says.

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. This would be a great treat for any fall gathering. Mmmmmm




This is one of those super easy "dump everything in" kind of desserts. Super simple. 

You can see all the yummy layers here.

Baked and browned. 


Pumpkin Pie Crunch

Ingredients
16 ounces canned pumpkin
12 ounces evaporated milk
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 box yellow cake mix (any kind)
1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice until smooth.
Pour into baking dish.
Slowly sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin layer, being careful not to do this step too fast or the mix will sink. Then sprinkle on the pecans. Pour melted butter over top of cake mix/pecans. Then sprinkle remaining cinnamon on top.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Let cool completely before serving.

All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment