Wow, it's been a busy week/month/year... I can't believe the holidays are already here.
Over the last couple of weeks, I've been putting together my Thanksgiving menu. Some items are tried and true, but I always like to throw a few new things into the mix. Who knows? We might find something that becomes our new family tradition.
Here's what's on the menu this year:
Appetizers
Meatballs in marinara sauce
Salami and cheese with crackers
Dinner
Morton’s Tri-tip
Steamed sweet potatoes
Steamed broccoli
Crescent Rolls with “thankful” note inside.
Dessert
Traditional Apple Pie
Next Day
Leftover desserts
Turkey and fixings for lunch
You'll notice that I have "Next Day" on here. Yes, my family all comes for dinner and they stay the night. Most years, this works out just fine. Some years, if I'm feeling overly stressed, this becomes a crazy and difficult event for me. This year I'm feeling good and ready to have all the family come and enjoy some good food!!
Are you cooking this year? If so, what is on your menu? I tend to be the one who hosts Thanksgiving. I think it's because I really like to cook. Christmas dinner is much more casual.
Do you write it all down and make lists or just wing it? I'm a crazy list-maker/planner, so mine is all planned out, food is purchased and in the fridge ready to start prepping it soon.





I'm posting my menu too. You've inspired me. Plus I am making your cranberry sauce. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAwesome Gabby!! Can't wait to see what's for dinner at your house!
Delete