Sunday, May 27, 2012

BACON, EGGS AND POTATO BREAKFAST BURRITOS


My husband loves breakfast burritos. They are the perfect portable breakfast. I keep them in the freezer so he can just grab one and take it to work with him. They are easy and yummy!!











This is all you'll need to make these yummy burritos! Of course, you could use REAL potatoes, peppers and onions, I was just trying to make this super simple.

This is how I cook my bacon. I like how it comes out in the oven. 350 degrees and turn every 15 minutes or so until it's how you like it. Same some of the drippings. Remove from pan when done and put on a paper towel to remove grease and cool.
 
I use two huge pans like this one. Put a little bacon grease in each one. This one is for potatoes! Heat the oil until nice and hot.
Add the potatoes and cook on med/high until soft. (15 minutes or so)
Until they look like this. YUM!! ( I have to keep myself from eating these right about now!)
Crack your eggs in a bowl
 
And beat the heck out of them until they look like this! I use a fork, but feel free to choose your weapon (whisk or something that will beat an egg!) Get out some of your aggressions here.


Now that you are all calm, pour your eggs into a pan that has been preheated using a little bacon grease. Season with salt and pepper. (I only used pepper)
Scramble them just until done so they aren't dry. They should look something like this.

Chop the bacon into bits.

 
Add the potatoes, eggs and bacon into one pan all together.

Add some cheese. I like the finely grated cheese as it melts nicely.

Stir it all up. Are you just drooling now! The smell is what you aren't getting here, it's fantastic!!

I use an ice cream scoop so all the burritos are the same (I'm kind of crazy like that, I like them to all be the same). This one is about a 4T size. Of course, you can just spoon some into the tortilla if you like.

Fold in the sides. (using both hands of course) It's hard to hold the camera and fold this at the same time.

Fold up the bottom.

And roll!!

Keep going until you've used all of your tortillas or the egg mixture.

I wrap them in half a paper towel, then put them in foil. Of course, if you're not going to freeze them, just serve them nice and warm!!

Repeat the folding/rolling process with the foil.

Voila! All ready for the freezer!

I just reuse the tortilla bag so I don't have to use a ziploc.



Bacon and Eggs Breakfast Burritos                      
Yield 14
Charene Whorton 5/2012

Ingredients
2 pounds of cooked sliced bacon (save drippings)
4 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
28 oz bag of frozen O’Brien potatoes
18 eggs
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste
14 burrito size flour tortillas

Directions
Cook bacon in oven or in frying pan and save drippings.
Use 2 T of bacon grease to cook frozen potatoes. Heat oil, add potatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes until soft.
Use 1T of bacon grease to cook scrambled eggs. Crack all eggs into a bowl and beat with a whisk or fork until blended. Heat oil, add eggs and scramble until cooked through, season with garlic powder.
Chop bacon.
Add cooked eggs to cooked potatoes. Add bacon, then cheese. Stir until all combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Using a 4T large ice cream scoop, scoop 2 scoopfuls of mixture onto tortilla. Fold into a burrito.
To store, roll into a paper towel, then roll in foil. Remove foil and microwave for 90 seconds to reheat.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! These look amazing! I'm going to be doing a big freezer cooking day soon. These are definitely getting added to the list!

    ReplyDelete