One of my favorite things about the holidays is having all the kids at home. My daughter is almost 20 and moved out more than a year ago. She is in school and I don't get to see her as much as I would like. This may be just fine for her..., but I miss her. She is home for 4 whole days!!As she becomes more responsible and out on her own, she needs to eat. Well, she needs to eat something more than fast/student food. She is quickly finding out that she needs to learn to cook. She didn't have a lot of interest in cooking when she lived at home, but I'm soooo happy that she wants to learn now!
So, she got to my house at about 1pm and by 2pm, we had a new batch of cookies in the oven!! Oatmeal Raisin Cookies is one of her favorite cookies and I thought I'd made a variation of those with some fall flavors.
These is the recipe that I put together to help teach her a thing or two about making cookies. I hope you enjoy them. She ate one right out of the oven while they were still warm and soft and they got her seal of approval!! I'm one happy mama!
![]() |
| My beautiful daughter mixing up some cookies!! |
![]() |
| We used a small cookie scoop, 2 tablespoon sized. They cooked for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven on convection bake. |
![]() |
| They were great with some milk! |
Cranberry and Currant Oatmeal Cookies
Created 11/27/13
Ingredients
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup currants
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
Add eggs and vanilla and beat to combine. Combine flour, salt, soda, spices and
oatmeal in a bowl. Add to butter mixture and mix until well blended. Add dried
cranberries, currants and walnuts and mix just until combines.
Using a teaspoon or small ice cream scoop, drop heaping
teaspoons of batter onto parchment covered or nonstick cookie sheet.
Bake approximately 10 to 12 minutes, or until just starting
to brown. Remove and let cool on pan for a couple of minutes, then transfer to
wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies using a 2T scoop







No comments:
Post a Comment