Tuesday, June 5, 2012

LUNCHMEAT LENTIL SOUP

It's a gloomy rainy June day here in Sunny California! Has me less than motivated. Great day for soup!! I just harvested and dried some basil from my garden and was looking for some inspiration from it. I glanced through the pantry and spotted the lentils. I love lentils. Here is an awesome soup I put together.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I hope the sun comes back out soon!










Place all ingredients in slow cooker.  Cook for 2 hours on high and 4 additional on low until beans are nice and soft. 

Stir and serve with fresh Parmesan. 


These can also be portioned out into individual servings and stored in the freezer. 







Lunchmeat Lentil Soup
Created 6/3/12                         last updated 6/3/12

Ingredients
1 lb Lentils, rinsed and picked through
1 large yellow onion, diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
2 celery stalks, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp basil
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp sage
2 bay leaves
1 can diced tomatoes, 14 oz
8 cups (64 ounces) low sodium chicken stock
1 cup of diced turkey or ham lunchmeat
Parmesan cheese to serve
Salt to taste


Directions
Place all ingredients into slow cooker.
Cook on high for 2 hours, then cook on low for 3-4 more hours. 
Stir well and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese

Charene Whorton






2 comments:

  1. I love all the seasonings in this soup! It sounds fantastic ... now I'm dying to go make it ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! I hope you like it as much as I do!

      Delete