Friday, October 7, 2011

ENCHILADA SAUCE

Anyone that knows me very well, knows that if I'm going to eat Mexican food, it's probably going to have enchilada sauce on it. It's my favorite thing! I thought that it had to be hard to make so I didn't even attempt it for year. I'm so glad I finally made it one day because we use it to make a number of things.  I will be posting a recipe for my "Burrichilada" soon, so keep your eyes out for it. It's incredible. Here's how to make the sauce.




Heat the olive oil in a saucepan

Add flour.

Cook for about a minute while whisking.

Add the chili powder and keep cooking and whisking.

Add the chicken stock and whisk some more!

Add the tomato puree and you guessed it, whisk some more!!

Add the rest of the seasonings and stir.

Simmer on low for about 15 minutes.


Now you have your incredibly yummy enchilada sauce. Enjoy!

Enchilada Sauce

Ingredients
1 T olive oil
1 T flour
3T hot Mexican chili powder
16 ounces chicken stock
10 ounces tomato puree
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt to taste

Directions
In a saucepan heat oil, add flour and cook, whisking, 1 minute. Add chili powder and cook 30 seconds. Stir in stock, tomato puree, oregano and cumin and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes until flavors are well-blended. Season to taste with salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment