Thursday, October 6, 2011

PUMPKIN SPICE MUFFINS - GLUTEN FREE / SUGAR FREE

I have a good friend who has some recent health issues that have her on a very restricted diet. No gluten, low fat, no sugar, etc. Sounds pretty boring doesn't it? She is a sweets lover, like me, so I wanted to try to make something that would satisfy her sweet craving, but stay within her diet restrictions. Since it's fall, a pumpkin spice muffin seemed like the right choice. So, off to gluten free land I go, a hopping and a skipping, this is going to be fun. I like discovering new things.




Everything you'll need. Most stores now carry gluten free baking mix and sugar free syrup.

Line your cupcake pan with liners and preheat the oven to 350. I'm using convection, but regular works too.

Mix the dry ingredients together, set aside.

Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.

Mix wet ingredients until well blended.

Add the dry ingredients.

Mix well. Should be nice and creamy.

Spoon out into baking pan. I used a 3T ice cream scoop as I didn't want them too big. I thought the size was perfect, but depending on your needs, you may need to adjust it.

All ready for the oven.

Middle rack. 15 minutes on convection and about 20 baking in a regular oven.

Here is how they look at about half way done.

Out of the oven and cooling on a rack. When cooled completely, remove the papers. These are recycled paper muffin liners and they remove very easily. If you prefer, to leave them on, that's fine too.

I decided last minute to make a little glaze for them. Really added a tangy texture that I thought it needed.

Drizzle or pipe glaze on top or just spoon it on. It's all good.

These are almost bite sized, so pop one in your mouth and enjoy!

Pumpkin Spice Muffins Gluten & Sugar Free
Ingredients
Muffins  
  • 1 1/4 cups gluten-free baking mix
  • 6 T cup coconut flour
  • 1 cup splenda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1 cup can unseasoned pumpkin puree
  • 1/3 cup sugar free maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 eggs
Glaze (optional)
  • 3 T soft cream cheese
  • 2 T sugar free maple syrup
  • 1 T splenda
Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F
Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
Blend wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients.
Blend all ingredients until combined and smooth.
Place muffin liners into 12-muffin pans.
Spoon batter into liners. Or use 3 T ice cream scoop for even distribution.
Bake for 15 minutes on convection and about 20 in a regular oven.
Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Whisk together glaze ingredients and drizzle over muffins if desired.
Yield is about 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment