Thursday, October 6, 2011

HUMMUS WITH TAHINI

I love Hummus. It's one of my daily snacks. I eat it on pita bread, pita chips or baby carrots. It's great to serve at parties, too. This is a very simple thing to make and can be made in advance as I think it's better the next day.










All the ingredients you'll need to make this simple dish.

Drain the garbanzo beans and save some of the liquid.

I love this part, it's so simple. Throw everything in the food processor or blender and process!

Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Keep processing, it's not done yet. If it's too thick add some of the reserved liquid from the beans to make it the consistency you would like.

It should look nice and creamy when finished.


Drizzle some olive oil and paprika on the top and serve with pita bread, chips or a relish tray. Enjoy!

Hummus with Tahini
Print version


Ingredients
3 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne
2 cans cooked garbanzo beans
1/2 cup tahini paste
1/4 cup lemon juice
3T olive oil + more for garnishing

Directions
Drain the garbanzo beans and reserve some of the liquid.
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth and creamy, 1-2 minutes. If you need to add more liquid for the right consistency, add some of the liquid from the garbanzo beans. I usually need 2-3T of liquid.

If you are going to freeze the hummus, which can be done for up to a month, add only olive oil to loosen consistency, not the liquid from the can. It will help keep the consistency smooth after defrosting.

Serve with pita bread, chips or a relish tray. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top and sprinkle some paprika for color.

No comments:

Post a Comment