I'm not usually a big fan of Buttercream Frostings. I usually prefer Cream Cheese on just about everything. That was, until I tasted this one!! I will still have to use cream cheese on red velvet and carrot cake, but this little recipe right here has changed my mind about Buttercream after all.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Makes about 2 cups
Ingredients:
1 stick unsalted softened butter
2 1/2 c. or 10 oz. powdered sugar
1/2 t. kosher salt (omit if using salted butter)
1 T. plus 1 t. whole milk
1 t. pure vanilla extract
1 t. fresh lemon juice (I put 1/2 t.)
Directions:
In a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle
attachment, cream the butter & salt for about 30 seconds and then
add half of the powdered sugar and the milk to the butter and beat again
until combined. Scrape down the bowl. Add the rest of the powdered
sugar, the vanilla, and the lemon juice and beat until combined. Scrape
down the bowl again. Beat on high speed for 5-6 minutes or until the
frosting is fluffy. Frost away!


No comments:
Post a Comment