I have been making this Manicotti since I was a teenager. I won't say how long ago that was, but I've made it MANY times... It's very easy and tastes yummy. Comes out delicious every time. There are always plenty of leftovers which freeze well. Another thing I like about this Manicotti is that it is light and not heavy, even though it looks like it would be. If you wanted to make it more rich, I'm sure there are a few other things you could add.
 |
| Everything you need to make your yummy Manicotti. |
 |
| Starting with the first ingredient, add everything into the mixer. I typically put the meat on the bottom as it seems to mix up better that way. |
 |
| Put on the paddle attachment and start mixing! |
 |
| This is how it should look when it's all mixed. |
 |
| A large scoop of sauce to cover the bottom of the baking pan. |
 |
| I use a teaspoon to stuff the mixture into the manicotti shells. I've tried a piping bag, but the mixture is too stiff and that doesn't work. I just call this a labor of love. I love it when it's done! |
 |
| This is how I line them up in a pan. This is only 12, the recipe makes about 18 so I have to use two pans. |
 |
| Cover with more sauce. |
 |
| Sprinkle, (or dump which is what I prefer) parmesan cheese. Then cover tightly with foil and place in the oven. I bake for about 45 minutes at 350 in a convection oven. If you are baking in a standard oven, it takes about 1-1 1/4 hours to soften the shells. |
 |
| Right out of the oven. Let it sit and rest for about 15 minutes for the sauce to thicken a bit. |
 |
| Serve and enjoy!! |
 |
| These are the ingredients for the "diet" version. I use ground turkey, fat free mozzarella or Monterey Jack and fat free cottage cheese. It's actually just as good as the ground beef with a lot less calories. I make this when I'm really trying to be good. |
|
|
Easy Baked Manicotti
Print Version
Ingredients
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups large curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2T minced onions
- 1tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup Parmesan (divided into 2)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 18-20 manicotti shells - uncooked
- Marinara Sauce - I make a red wine sauce, but you can also use Marinara. My red wine sauce recipe is found here: Red Wine Sauce
Place all ingredients into a bowl or stand mixer. Mix until all blended. Place 1-2 cups of sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 pan and start stuffing the Manicotti. I have found it's easiest to stuff with a teaspoon. Place a scoop of filling in the opening and press inside with the back of the spoon and keep repeating on each end until the tube is full. Align in pan. Cover with 1-2 more cups of sauce until they are all covered. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 the parmesan cheese. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 - 1 1/4 hours or until Manicotti is nice and soft.
No comments:
Post a Comment